Pinchin LeBlanc Environmental Ltd has an immediate opportunity for Environmental Technologists to join our Hazardous Materials team in St. John’s, NL. The ideal candidates will have an environmental related technology diploma or comparable post-secondary education.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- On-site inspection during removal of hazardous materials (asbestos, lead, mould, etc.) and demolition/deconstruction projects
- Collection of air samples and PCM analysis
- Performing hazardous building material assessments
- Preparation of reports detailing the findings and recommendations of on-site inspections
- May be cross-trained to support other service lines (Building Science, Indoor Air Quality, Occupational Hygiene, and/or Environmental Site Assessments)
Experience performing the above tasks is a definite asset however not required. We will provide training for the most suitable applicants.
The successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, being able to effectively interact with property owners, contractors, regulatory agencies, and professionals. Solid technical report writing skills would be a definite asset.
This position will require travel (air, car, boat) throughout Atlantic Canada (including northern locations), occasionally for several weeks at a time. Overtime is also a requirement of this position.
The work environment that Pinchin LeBlanc offers is team based and challenging. If you are confident that you can contribute to the overall success of our growing company with your skills and experience, please apply for this position by sending your resume and detailed cover letter, referencing competition number NL-1815PL to email@example.com.
Employees must own a reliable vehicle with adequate insurance and be able to successfully obtain security clearances and criminal records checks as required by our clients.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a career with Pinchin LeBlanc. Due to the volume of applicants, we will contact only applicants who are selected for an interview.